Everyone always dreams of finding “the one” person they believe they were meant to be with. I was once told that there is no “One person” you are meant to be with; Part of me believes that is true, and another part believes that there is no one that could measure up to the one I have found.
Girls these days are settling for any guy they think is “okay” or “good enough”. Something one of my close friends says about the guys she is interested in, “He’s perfect but there’s this…” HELLO?! STOP SETTLING!
What I have learned was when you think you are ready to date, keep your eyes and options open, but DO NOT SETTLE for anything. Have a list in your head of what you want for your life, (only if you’re looking for a relationship, not a hook up) and no matter how “AWESOME” someone seems, dont let them sway you.
Another thing I have learned, is being friends with someone before getting into a relationship is a great way to start out. That way you have a foundation on something more than just physical attraction. These may seem like “well duh” but if it is so obvious, why are there SO many people still hurting? That is my question. I see my friends posting on Facebook, how awful their lives are, or changing their relationship status every other day.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, I truly do. But if NO BODY approves of him/her, there is probably a reason. Just saying.
I got out of a bad relationship in the beginning of November of 2010. I told myself I was going to focus on God, and wait to date, and never settle again. I was friends with this awesome guy named Justin Beall, and I was not ready to date, but I loved being his friend. Finally in the beginning of April, I agreed to go on a date with him. We fell in love with God and grew in His love together, and slowly started falling in love with each other.
He is now my absolute best friend, and every time we are together we have a blast! And when he is gone, I count down til the next time I get to see him. And he is the same way. I was always used to ONE WAY relationships, me or them pour their hearts out at separate times, that always clashed and never ever worked out.
I have found a man that is head over heels and will do anything for me, and someone who I am CRAZY about and who I would do anything for. Lucky? Maybe. Blessed? You bet. Spoiled? Not even. All relationships take work. Its all about finding the right person, who is worth it all.
Just my 2 cents.
No comments:
Post a Comment