I just read in my bible, an intriguing thought.
"So we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts."
This seems so simple. But so many people are afraid to speak their mind because they are afraid of what others will think about them. We all know who the ultimate judge is, so why do we worry so much? Are we just simply afraid to step out of our comfort zone? Are we afraid of being rejected by others?
I'll admit, I still find myself being this way as well, afraid to speak out and talk to people about God, or life in a Godly view, because its out of my comfort zone. It's not that I'm ashamed or anything like that, sometimes people who constantly reject the idea of a God, makes it hard to talk to them. I have a certain friend, when I try to talk to them about how to handle difficult situations, and speak about how God could make their entire situation turn around, but all I get is excuses on how they have tried when they were "younger". But when you're in middle school, do you really comprehend the power, and importance of God being your #1 in life? Any advice on how to reach them?
Also, I challenge those who believe in the power of Christ, to speak to someone you wouldn't normally speak to, about your faith, and the power of God.. The clerk at the grocery store, the barista at your favorite coffee shop, that one friend or family member that rejects God.. Take a step and be bold and courageous.
Another thing that's on my mind, is to seek God on your own, but to also seek God with your significant other. I have found myself at a halt in seeking God with my boyfriend. I have found myself afraid to pray in front of him, speaking about God comes so easily, but praying aloud is a terrifying thing to me, what if I say something stupid or that doesn't make sense. I have challenged myself to start reading the bible aloud with him, as well as praying aloud while I am by myself. Any other suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment