Thursday, December 22, 2011

Learn to Love Your Life

As in Francesca Battiselli sings, "It's your life, whatcha gonna do, the world is watching you. Every day, the choices you make, say who you are and what your heart beats for, its an open door"

If you don't like the way your life is, you need to figure out how you can be happy with YOURSELF, because happiness isn't measured in items/possessions. At the end of the day, that is all just STUFF.

I can honestly say, if I got rid of absolutely everything, except for a few changes of clothes, and my phone, I would still be as happy as I am, if not happier. I have the best family, friends and boyfriend any woman could ever ask for.

I love being secure in my relationship with God, and with Justin. I see so many girls my age just hurting, and settling and being screwed over by every guy they attempt to be with. It breaks my heart to see people I care about hurting. But at the same time, I feel like if you are having issues in your relationships a few weeks into dating, that's an issue. If you can't be yourself after being together for a while, that's an issue. And maybe you should take a look at yourself and the person you're with. it may either be the wrong kind of guy, or you might need to find confidence and security in yourself.

I am not just saying this because I think I am better for you, or to call anyone out.. I am saying this, because I have been that girl.. the girl who rested happiness, security, and everything I had on others, and on materialistic things. The girl to try EVERYTHING to make it work with the douchebag guy who was never any good for me in the first place. It may seem like a hard habit to break, but douchebags are a dime in a dozen. Set standards. Know what you WANT and what you NEED.. and NEVER SETTLE FOR GOOD ENOUGH.. because good enough then, always leads to disappointment in the end. Try being best friends with someone first, you would be absolutely surprised how much better those relationships actually turn out to be most of the time. And never forget that God should be a first priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment