I have realized that my heart has become more heavy for the world and people of this world. So much that it has taken a hold of my heart, and makes me feel like crying at times. Other times, I find myself hardening my heart.. which is not good. Luckily I know a God that reminds me to love all people, at all times, no matter what.
"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other, as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Colossians 3:12-15
Yesterday, I saw a young man get hit by a hummer while crossing a busy intersection. I had no idea what happened, I was just in shock. Then I remembered, I have a God who knows all and can do the impossible. So as I continued my journey to Seattle, I prayed the ENTIRE ride for this man. I wake up today to find out that it is someone I actually know. He is currently at Harborview, and going through some surgeries. But, it could have been SOOO much worse. So for that, we can be thankful.
Also, I have issues lately holding my tongue and losing patience with people. I read a bible verse tonight that definitely reminded me that I need to watch myself.
"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator." Colossians 3:8-10
I recently told off a good friend,in which she got mad and told me off. We both said really hurtful things, that it is too late to take back. God calls me to love people in all circumstances, and that is something I slip out of my mind. Another thing I have a hard time doing, is apologizing. God is working on me with that too.. I have yet to speak to this friend, but it looks like I know what I have to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment